Edit: This was supposed to be on my healthy eating blog, hurricanesandasparagus.tumblr.com, so if you’re interested, head over there!
Just made this amazing spinach and mushroom pita pizza! It was delicious, and I’m definitely going to make it or some version of it on a regular basis - it would be really easy to add smoked salmon and onions, or baby tomatoes and feta.
- 1 6-1/2 inch whole wheat pita round
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped (Oyster, portabello…whatever you want. If you can’t find the fresh stuff in stores, dried mushrooms like the ones I used are an easy alternative. Just steep them boiling water to rehydrate, drain, chop, and cook!)
- 1 tbsp crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Brush olive oil over the top of your pita bread. Set aside.
- Spray a pan with a light coat of cooking spray. Add minced garlic and cook on medium heat until fragrant.
- Add spinach and chopped mushrooms, and cook until spinach is wilted and mushrooms are soft/brown. Season with salt/pepper to taste.
- Spoon spinach/mushroom mixture over your pita bread.
- Sprinkle goat cheese crumbles all over.
- Bake for 8 minutes, or until pita is brown around the edges and crispy.
- Cool, slice, and serve!